RSS

Blog blahs.

Hey. How's it going? Been enjoying your winter break? Yeah, me too, mostly. Except that I feel stuck on posting here.

It's not that I don't have anything to say. Let's be honest, this is me. I ALWAYS have something to say, and usually say it far too wordily. It's that....I don't know what to say. Nothing compels me.

Do I write about how I'm going to restart my classes? I could, I suppose......except I don't know yet. I have a few ideas, but I'm like a hummingbird, unable to settle on any one concept for good.

Do I write about how the last week ended? Even I'm not that interested in it, so why would you be?

Do I write about how nervous I am, how even though I know it's going to work out fine (and on some level I do know that), I don't quite believe it? There's not much else to say there.

I feel stuck, a bug in a drop of amber, able to see the outside world and know that I should be out there, but instead crystallizing in my own indecision.

I'm assuming I'll be better next week, once I'm back, once I'm with the kids, once I've made some decisions and restarted it all. I'll have to be. Because if I'm not, it's going to be a looooooong rest of the year.

We'll reconvene then.

(Image credit to jayegirl99)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know just how you feel. Getting into the classroom today to organize and sort and plan really helped get me closer to feeling ready to return.

teachin' said...

I wish I had access to my school outside of M-F, 6am to 7pm. I would so love to be able to go in on a Saturday once in a while to do stuff like that. Glad you're feeling ready!

"I'm a dreamer but I ain't the only one Got problems but we love to have fun" -K'naan, "Dreamer"

I teach eighth grade Language Arts at an urban school. My kids kick ass and will change the world. I want everyone to know.
 
Copyright 2009 I'm a Dreamer All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes