RSS

I'm okay with my class being hard for this reason.

A conversation today:

Spikes, tossing down his pencil dramatically: Ms. Teachin', this class is HARD!

Me: It is? [Spikes {for his hair} does really well in my class.]

Spikes: YES! I'm always having to THINK and try my BEST and reDO things if I don't get it the first time!

Me: [internal squee of joy, because what a great thing to say?] Well, but you are doing your best and your grades are reflecting that. So I think it's okay.

Spikes, skeptically: I guess.

Then he picked his pencil back up and got back to his self-assessment.

<3

(Luckily, Spikes does not seem to have broken down from his efforts. Photo credit to jcorrius)

0 comments:

"I'm a dreamer but I ain't the only one Got problems but we love to have fun" -K'naan, "Dreamer"

I teach eighth grade Language Arts at an urban school. My kids kick ass and will change the world. I want everyone to know.
 
Copyright 2009 I'm a Dreamer All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes