RSS

Made with love

My snow day was lovely. I read, I relaxed, I baked cookies, I played with my dogs in the snow, I watched a movie (Dreamgirls - delightful!)....I did everything I wanted to do.

But....I kinda missed my kids.

I know. That's lame. It's only one day off - every weekend I'm away from them for longer than that. No way did any of them miss me. And frankly, some of them are pretty damn irritating pretty damn regularly.

And yet....I did.

So tonight I made three batches of rice krispy treats and carefully cut them into about 120 little squares (very little, honestly), and tomorrow I'll share them. And as they bite into them and feel the marshmallow melt in their mouths, I hope they'll also taste the love.


Because as annoying as they are some days, I do love them.

I hope they know that.

(Photo credit to timlewisnm)

0 comments:

"I'm a dreamer but I ain't the only one Got problems but we love to have fun" -K'naan, "Dreamer"

I teach eighth grade Language Arts at an urban school. My kids kick ass and will change the world. I want everyone to know.
 
Copyright 2009 I'm a Dreamer All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes